Location: 80 Greene Avenue, Brooklyn, New York City, New York
Date of Construction: 1886
Date of Demolition: 1969
Architect: Robert Henderson Robertson
Terra cotta job number 527
The congregation of the Church of the Messiah (Episcopal) was established in 1850 and first had its own building in 1852. In 1863, it purchased the incomplete Greene Avenue Presbyterian Church, which was finished in 1865. In 1933, the congregation merged with the Church of the Incarnation to form the Church of the Messiah and Incarnation.
A five-alarm fire destroyed the building on February 10, 1969. The terra cotta was recovered by Anonymous Arts Recovery Society and transferred to Zerbo Construction Company before being gifted to the Brooklyn Museum and then National Building Arts Center in 2006.