ALL COLLECTIONS

The Center’s collection of architectural artifacts had its start in the early 1970s when Larry Giles opened a business in Soulard rehabbing houses and salvaging house parts. His appreciation of the city’s historic architecture led him to tackle the recovery and preservation of significant artifacts from large demolition projects in the Central Business District. As his collections grew, so did his commitment to establishing a public museum and study center now in progress of realization.

Recovery of entrances on State Hospital wing (1906)

Above: NBAC Founder, Larry Giles, at the recovery of entrances on State Hospital wing (1906)