The St. Louis Building Arts Foundation will be offering for sale items from the collection in an effort to raise funds to complete the renovation of the library building on our 15-acre campus and allow once again access to the unparalleled collection of research material on architecture and the allied arts.
The new library will be housed in the former Sterling Steel Castings Co. office building designed and built by Fruin-Colnon Engineering in 1952.
The renovation work includes tuck pointing, mechanical systems, interior finish, and the construction of cabinetry and shelving systems needed to accommodate an estimated 30,000 volumes.
The items offered during this fundraising effort include historic architectural artifacts that are duplicated within the collection and include many rare and important artifacts from historic buildings that were demolished in St. Louis and Chicago.
We are currently working on publishing a catalog for this unique offering.
Window Spandrel Panels
- Ambassador Building, 411 North 7th Street. 1925-1996, C.W. & George L. Rapp Architects, Listed National Register of Historic Places 1983
- Benoist Building, S.E. corner Olive & 11th. 1892-1985, J. D. de Pombiray, Architect
- Blackwell Wielandy Building, 1601-09 Locust Street. 1907-?, Albert B. Groves, Architect (1866-1925). Listed National Register of Historic Places 1983
- Century Building, 905 Olive Street. 1897-2004. Raeder, Coffin, & Crocker, Architects. Listed National Register of Historic Places 2002
- Marquette Hotel, 1734 Washington. 1906-1988. Barnett, Haynes & Barnett, Architects. Listed National Register of Historic Places 1985
- Ormond Apartments, 5745 Enright. 1931-1974, Benjamin Shapiro, Architect
- Title Gauranty Building (Lincoln Trust), 706 Chestnut. 1897-1983, William Sylvester Eames & Thomas Crane Young, Architects. Listed National Register of Historic Places, 1982
- Ambassador Building, 411 North 7th Street, 1925-1996, C.W. & George L. Rapp Architects
- Garavelli’s Buffet/Arata’s Billiards, 36xx Olive Street.
- International Building (Liggett Building), S.E. corner 8th & Chestnut, 1907-1984, William Sylvester Eames & Thomas Crane Young Architects
- Title Guaranty Building (Lincoln Trust), S.W. corner 7th & Chestnut, 1897-1983, William Sylvester Eames & Thomas Crane Young Architects
- Ambassador Building, N.W. corner 7th & Locust, 1925-1996, C.W. & George L. Rapp Architects
- Cromwell Apartments, 5364-72 Cabanne Avenue
- Yeckel Building, 3542 Gravois, 1914-1984, G. Moeller & Co., Builder. Entrance double door unit from principal entrance. Extruded and machined bronze doors, framing, sidelights and three-piece multi-centered arched transom, Overall unit size: H 127″, W 144″, D 4 1/2″.Each door, H 89″, W 30″, D 1 1/2″.Glass opening, H 74″, W 23″
Panels & Reliefs
- Creissen Hardware Building, 3209 Park Avenue.
- Cromwell Apartments, 5364-72 Cabanne Avenue.
- Korte Building, 2504 North 14th Street, Widmann, Walsh & Boisselier Architects
- Title Guaranty Building (Lincoln Trust), S.W. corner 7th & Chestnut. 1897-1983, William Sylvester Eames & Thomas Crane Young Architects
- Lions Club Building, 4306 North Avenue, Chicago, Illinois.
- Mission Free School, 369 North Taylor
- Pabst Brewing Co. Tavern, 101 South 4th Street, East St. Louis, -2001
- Quality Dairy Co. Building, 4630 West Florissant Avenue.
- Harry J. Randall Apartment Buildings, S.E. corner Lucas & Garrison. 1892-?. Two-piece limestone panel from second story of west elevation, H 72″, W 58″, D 5″.
- Rosenheim Building, N.E. corner 9th Street & Washington Ave, 1888-1982. Alfred Rosenheim, Architect
- Sanford & Son General Merchandise, N.E. corner Vandeventer & Chouteau
- Crystal Palace, Gaslight Square, 4236-40 Olive Street. 1894-2003. Varney, Woolrych & Pullis, Architects
- Edward J. Walsh Memorial Stadium, 5224 Oakland Avenue. 1930-1956, Osborn Engineering Co., Architects
- ? Building, 4431-39 Olive (two-piece vermiculated parapet panels)
- 1601-19 Park Ave (Early red terra cotta panels with 3-piece crown)
Façades & Large Programs of Ornament
- Ambassador Building, N.W. corner 7th & Locust. 1925-1996, C.W. & George L. Rapp, Architects
- Bell Telephone Grand Exchange Building, 1625 South Grand. 1902-1984, F. C. Bonsack, Architect
- Delmar Postal Building, Cabanne Station, 5721-27 Delmar, 1926-1991, Otto J. Kreig, Architect (1874-1955)
- C.C.C. & St Louis Railroad Office Building (Big Four), Front Street, East St. Louis, Illinois. ?-1991
- Lindell Building, S.W. corner 8th Street & Washington Avenue. 1897-1982, Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge, Architects
- Southtown Theater, 600 West 63rd Street, Chicago, Illinois. 1931-1991, C.W. & George L. Rapp, Architects
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Flora Gate House, 2315 Tower Grove Avenue. Listed National Register of Historic Places 1971
- Claridge Hotel, 1800 Locust Street. 1921-?. Barnett, Haynes & Barnett, Architects
- Lindell Building, S.W. corner 8th Street & Washington Avenue. 1897-1982, Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge Architects
- Lion Gas Building, N.W. corner 9th Street & Chestnut Street. ?-1981
- Avalon Hotel (Lark), 339 North Taylor.
- West End Hotel, S.W. corner Vandeventer & West Belle. 1892-?. Beinke & Wees, Architects
- St. Anthony’s Hospital, 3520 Chippewa. 1899-1975 (1927 addition). William Hillebrand, Architect?
Grilles & Panels
- DePaul Hospital, 2415 North Kingshighway. 1930-extant, P.M. Omeara & Hills Architects, Listed National Register of Historic Places 1983
- Rockwell Library, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio.
- Liggett & Meyers Tobacco Co. Office Building, 4241 Folsom. 1896. Isaac Taylor, Architect
- Stix, Baer & Fuller Department Store (Grand Leader), 601 Washington Avenue. 1906-extant, Listed National Register of Historic Places 2003
- Third National Bank Building (Mississippi Valley Building), S.W. corner Broadway & Olive, 1907-1980. William Sylvester Eames & Thomas Crane Young, Architects
- Union Electric Co. of Missouri Building, 315 North 12th Street. Barnett, Haynes & Barnett, Architects
- Salvator Evangelical (German) and Reformed Church, 5618 Thekla at Plover, 1926-extant (Communion Railing)
- Second Presbyterian Church, 4501 Westminister Pl., 1896-extant, Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge Architects, Listed National Register of Historic Places 1975
Revolving Door Entrances
- Civil Courts Building, 10 North 12th Street. 1930-extant. Klipstien & Rathmann Architects
- Buder Building (Missouri Pacific Building), 1904-1984. Albert Swasey, Architect
- Old Post Office, 815 Olive St., 1873-extant. Alfred B. Mullett, Architect
- Kiel Opera House, 1400 Market. La Beaume & Klein, architects; Victor Berlindis, sculptor